Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oops that's not my mom

We went and had lunch at Noodles today, while I was trying to juggle Nick and beverage cups and find a high chair - CJ randomly disappeared.

I look around frantically trying to see where he went and see him going out the door hanging on to this other lady's purse strap.

I run after him at about the same time the lady looks down dumbfounded to see a 4 year old hanging on to her purse. I opened the door and said, "CJ what are you doing?" (in a not so pleasant tone)

CJ (looking up): "Oops, Sorry, I thought you were my mom."

The lady kind of looked at me with a nervous laugh and said "and I thought I was only going to bring home lunch"

Note: this lady looked nothing like me, not quite sure what CJ was thinking (or not in this case)

3 comments:

Emily said...

I remember one of my own "Opps that's not my mom" moments. It was at the movie theater in Grand Rapids (the old one in the mall). I was standing at the candy/popcorn/pop counter and I tugged on a lady's purse and looked up at her about to ask her if we were going to get something and to my surprise it wasn't mom. (I just counted 3 ands in that sentences, but my brain is too lazy to fix it.) I don't remember how old I was, just that I was pretty embarrassed. I probably forgot all about the candy...or most likely not.

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

YIKES!
That could have been very scary...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the LOL moment on the bus!! (that would be the bus that I DIDN'T miss today)