Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's midnight:34 are your kids sleeping?

Mine aren't! I've known for awhile that naps do CJ NO good what-so-ever. Tonight when I talked to Charlie while at work he said CJ had taken a nap from 4:00 - 6:00, I knew we were in trouble. Sure enough, I came home and CJ greeted me, "Mom, I've been waiting for you!" He's been hanging out in our room "watching his show" waiting for me to come home from work. Charlie is half asleep trying to get some rest yet keep the big guy from deciding its time to go ride his bike or something crazy. And 10 minutes after I got home, Nicholas decided he needed to join the insomniac party. His various ailments are giving him a hard time. He's got this cold/allergy thing going on, stuffy nose mostly. He's got 5 teeth working their way through at the same time, I've been watching the 4 on top come in but this morning I noticed a new tooth popped through on the bottom. So now he's officially got 3, with 4 on their way on the top row. Of course new teeth brings it's own challenges, fussiness and eczema breakouts. His poor little hand is raw. His favorite thing to do is to rub it in circles on the carpet, while it probably feels good to itch it doesn't do any good for the rawness. So, hopefully this insomniac party will come quickly to an end, although CJ just announced he's hungry and needs a snack.

On a cute side note...Nick is clapping now. You just have to say "Yay, Nicky" and he does his cute little clap.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Update: It's 12:55 and they are asleep! Nick had a bottle and CJ had his snack of cheese and pickles and off to sleep they went. Time for bed!

Anonymous said...

This grandma is kindly requesting a little video of the sweet boy clapping! ;-) G'ma Beth
(and I hope you all got to sleep in!)

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Oh the joys!
Remember the days of actually getting sleep and being able to sleep in? Mark and I were just having this conversation yesterday during our walk.
Today Anthony slept in until 7:06 and I was delighted!
Hopefully you were able to rest up and sleep in a bit.
Enjoy your Sunday.