Friday, March 28, 2008

Take a deep breath...I'm going to do it...

I'm going completely digital for scrapbooking. This won't be an easy or quick task, and it might actually be a little painful. It requires quite a bit of prework...

1) Buy a laptop - yeah, yeah I know Charlie we haven't exactly talked about this yet...
2) Buy an external hard drive to store everything
2) Buy a digital scrapbook program - sounds like PhotoShop Elements is the way to go
3) Learn what the heck I am doing

but then the thing I love to do best - get rid of stuff! Emily already called first dibs on my scrapbooking supplies. Jean, Michelle, anyone else who's interested?

I'll keep some stuff for cardmaking, but not much.

You can print a 12x12 scrapbook page for about $3.50 online - or you can do a whole scrapbook and have them print and bind it for you. There are a ton of free digital kits to work with from the net. Imagine the money I will save from all the paper/stickers I have bought over the years and never used. I could pay off that laptop in no time.

Imagine...showing up to the Amery Scrapbook weekend with just a laptop bag...
Imagine...sitting on my couch and scrapbooking
Imagine...being able to scrapbook more than once a year
Imagine...not having stickies stuck to everything!
Imagine...all the space I'll have!

Oh, call me a traitor but I love it already!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're going to do/buy WHAT?!?!?!?

Emily said...

I have to admit...I'm a little sad about this.

But then I think about all the stuff I have first dibs to.

Then I'm not so sad anymore.

Too bad you didn't buy that cricut. ;o)

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Hhhmmmm....
Perhaps I could go "shopping" in the CJ forbidden room this weekend!
I'm in love with the idea of scrapbooking; however, I've never quite figured out how to actually do it. Maybe your second hand items could inspire me!
I'm excited to see what you create online and how it compares to your beautiful already created books.

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Oooooh....aaaaaaah....
You went for the paisley, wallpaper look for your blog. I love the change!

Anonymous said...

You are brave!! Totally digital wow! Charlie would get a kick out of this but you should also invest in a 12 x 12 scanner. Yep! They really make them and they are really cool. It might be cheaper in the long run if printing pages costs $3.50. I'd love to come "shop" and help you get rid of stuff! So exciting! - Michelle

Anonymous said...

I totally admire your scrapbooking talents and commitment! The e-versions have terrific potential. I say go for it! As for me, the Bain Blabber is Reagan & Rylee's scrapbook. I'll print out copies for their graduation party. Pathetic but regretably true!

~Mara

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! I as just talking to Michelle and she told me to check out Erin's blog so I dropped everything I was doing and logged in. I agree with Emily; but I think this is a very sensible idea for the new tech savvy generation. I just finished my new "scrapbooking sanctuary" and you know me I'm always ready to shop for bargains!!! Jean

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! I was just talking to Michelle and she told me to check Erin's blog. I dropped everything I was doing and logged in. I agree with Emily but I think it is a very sensible idea for the new tech savvy generation. I just finished my "scrapbooking sanctuary" and you know me I'm always ready to shop for bargains. See you tomorrow (and I'll be sure to bring my checkbook)... Love, Jean

Anonymous said...

Ok, so why did this post twice?!?! I better "stick" with stickies, die-cuts, and all my other stuff!!! Jean

Anonymous said...

I'm a little tardy and emailed you under separate cover...guess I'm not to blog savvy! I loved the demo workshop I went to on it, but don't know that I'm there yet.

When you have your "garage sale" for your stuff...call me!
Joy