Wednesday, September 2, 2009
1 oz of bad luck = 2 ozs of good
My little trip to the library tonight (to return some VERY overdue books) (so I didn't quite make my 5 books in 2 weeks goal) turned a little unlucky. I thought the car was handling a little off, but it wasn't smoking, clunking or screeching so I continued on. At a stop light a lady rolled down her window and told me I had a very low tire. I headed over to the gas station where they had FREE AIR (really the SuperAmerica makes you pay for it), filled up my extremely low tire. I could hear air when it was full and figured I better let my books be another day late and head to the tire shop. I didn't even get backed out of my parking spot when, POOF it exploded. Oh shit. The guy in the SUV next to me, rolled down his window and said the obvious "looks like you got a flat". But then he and his son, changed my tire for me! I was proud enough just to know where the spare tire and jack were in the car. Sure enough the tire had a huge blow-out hole in the sidewall. I thanked him profusely and proceeded on to Sam's Club to get a new tire. Closed. Go over to Discount Tire across the street. Closed. I call Tire's Plus to find out the hours before driving more than I had to on my donut. It was 7:46 and they closed at 8:00. Crap. But, he said I sounded desperate enough so if I could come now he'd get me in tonight. Great! So, my little inexpensive trip to the library to pay my fines, turned into a rather expensive night at the tire shop. Oh well, what's another $1 on the books for another day. And yes Dad, I did buy 2 tires to have a matched set!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
At least all of this happened in town and not on your way up to DR or on your way to work. PLUS there were people around who were kind enough to help. That doesn't always happen either. Sometimes people can be really good. (Thanks. I needed this post after reading my morning news!)
Post a Comment