The result...
A 2008 Nissan Quest
A 2008 Nissan Quest

This is the van we had planned on getting after doing some pre-shopping and research at the auto show this spring. It payed off to wait until now rather than getting it this spring - of course after looking at new vehicles at the auto show it was tempting to buy then. The rebate and financing were much better now than before.
After having a black vehicle that shows every ding and dust particle possible, the silver should be much more forgiving! It's a pretty basic van, not too many bells and whistles. The one feature I hadn't planned on getting was the DVD system, but I guess you have to special order one without the DVD system, CJ was thrilled!
It's funny, with more room than my Accord you would think the storage options would be better, but it doesn't have enough accessible storage from the drivers seat. I'll miss my center console and extra cup holders! But after a trip to Target for a bin for under the center tray and some seat protectors for the car seats (no more leather) - I think we're set. CJ proclaimed while getting ready for bed, "Mom, I love the new van." He already made me promise he could play in it when he gets up tomorrow morning!
We'll have to hang the tennis ball from the garage ceiling though, pulling it in gives only inches to spare to get it to fit. After driving my Accord into the freezer one too many times (no wonder it didn't work anymore!) it will take a little maneuvering to fit.
Oh yeah, for those of you wondering...wasn't she supposed to be at work? I was on-call this evening.

5 comments:
Very nice! Jason wants to know if you're letting them take it to Milwaukee...
~Mara
Yay! I have to admit I'm a bit envious about your newest purchase.
While the guys are gone on their baseball adventure I thought I would head up north for a few days. The problem, though, is how am I going to travel with all of our stuff PLUS have Anthony and Zoey in the back seat together. (Zoey doesn't sit still and constantly "chases" after cars.) It could prove to be very interesting...
Hopefully our time for a minivan will come soon!
I hope all is well.
Has t-ball started up yet for CJ?
Ooooo-Ahhhhhh
How ironic! We just got rid of our minivan this week! Finally! We have to pack lighter, but it is worth it, we had an old van though. Bye bye Chevy Venture, hello Saturn!
Amy
Nice ride Erin! I hoping to move into a newer mini van one of these days. Thank you for the birthday wish. Emily's work friend, Sandy
Post a Comment