Wednesday, June 11, 2008

MN Zoo

CJ, Nicholas and I checked out the new Russia's Grizzly Coast exhibit at the MN Zoo on Monday. The place was a zoo itself! I wrongly assumed since it was a Monday and school had either just gotten out or as in Eagan/Burnsville was still in session that it would be quiet. It was pretty busy, but we still got a glimpse of the attractions.


The sea otters were quite entertaining running and jumping and swimming...

The grizzly bears were quite entertaining also, it's pretty amazing how close they come to the glass and they were quite active!










Despite the fact that we have a sandbox at home, CJ still had to check out the new digging spot...


CJ LOVED the new water feature, we had planned ahead and brought a towel and extra clothes. We got quite a few odd looks from other zoo goers, and some longing looks from other kids who wanted to play in the water, but their parent's didn't plan for the water play!

Nicholas did what he does best when out and about...sleep!

The best part about being members...we were only their for an hour and didn't have to feel guilty about leaving after paying $30 to visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is high on our list of to dos as well!

~Mara

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Okay, sign me up for the zoo too! I really would like to take Anthony to their newest attraction. I think he would really love it. Perhaps we are going to have to plan a Tuesday get together when you are off and summer school is done for me.
Sound good?
I hope all is well...