Sunday, June 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

We celebrated my birthday on Saturday by going to Fogo de Chao in Minneapolis. We had a great time, 8 of us went. Great meal, great friends (and family - Emily)! Rich and Sara had been there before but it was a first for the rest of us. For $175 for Charlie and I, it's definitely a "special occasion" type restaurant. As Rich so eloquently puts it, "where else can you get the meat sweats?" Yes, that would be from devouring so much meat in one sitting. We all agreed the top sirloin was the best by far, excellent! For those that don't know what Fogo de Chao is, it's a Brazilian steakhouse where there is a huge salad bar (although salad bar doesn't do it justice, more of an antipasti bar) and gaucho's walk around with roasted meats on skewers. You have a card, one side green (more meat please!) one side red (I'm getting the meat sweats). There is a continuous flow of all different types of meats to your table, although I definitely decided I'm not a lamb fan. After cocktails and dessert our bill was $675 for 8 people, ouch! my cocktails alone were $9 apiece, yummy Caipirinha's - the Brazilian national drink. Basically a cross between a margarita and a mojito, yum.
In true Erin fashion, I didn't take many pictures, Emily shot this one.
After dinner Sara, Emily and I went to Mystic Lake until 2:30 in the morning. I think I came home with an extra $50 or so. Not too bad!

1 comments:

Team Tuttle said...

Happy Birthday Erin! Hope you had a great day! :)