Wednesday, November 5, 2008

If you love me...

Not sure why this popped into my head, but when Emily was a baby she had a bib that read "if you love me, don't feed me junk". If Nick had that bib it would read "if you love me, don't feed me eggs!"

This is the poor Nick after I tried feeding him scrambled eggs for breakfast. Since my camera takes CRAP for pictures you can't get the full effect but his chin, around his mouth and around 1 eye was red, rashy and swollen. His hands were bright red and swollen. After about 2 bites of eggs he started rubbing his hands together, then his face got really red. I think his lips got a little swollen, but he didn't seem to be having any breathing problems or else I would have called 911. So I quick cleaned him up and gave him a dose of Benadryl. Poor kid sat and itched and pulled at his ears for a good 20 minutes. So, no more eggs for Nick, or cake or cookies or anything with eggs in it. Thankfully Mom had some advice for a good egg substitute that you can cook/bake with.

Now he seems okay, he'll probably crash in a few minutes from the Benadryl.

Here's the bad picture, it doesn't do justice to how red/rashy he was. Now I can see his lips were a little swollen. Scary!
I called his pediatrician to see if I should give him the Zyrtec too, but she said to wait and see. She said he might puke - thankfully he hasn't done that!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Poor guy! I went through that phase in 5th grade when I couldn't have eggs. Hopefully he'll grow out of it as he gets older as I did.

P.S. I remember that big...or I should say I remember that picture with me and that bib.

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

How scary!
Thank God you are a nurse and always know what to do. (I probably would have been calling YOU if that would have been Anthony.)
Hopefully the swelling and rash went away shortly after taking the medicine.

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Okay, I know NIck wasn't having his best moment with the whole egg situation; however, this picture is just so cute. He looks like such a big boy!