The last few nights CJ has woken up SCREAMING, that his teeth hurt. And I mean, deep, loud, owie scream. At the same time he's also had this nasty chapped upper lip. I couldn't really tell if its the lip or his teeth are really bothering him. Well after last nights restless sleep I decided to have it checked out at the dentist before the weekend. So, after x-rays and an exam, the diagnosis: teeth grinder. Yet another trait attributed to the Bergeron's...drooling, teeth grinding, talking too much, what is with Bergeron's and their mouths? So, the dentist's recommendation...perscription toothpaste. Huh? Yep, $18 for a little tube of melon paste, of course not typically covered by insurance. Hopefully it works, it's supposed to help rebuild the enamel that gets worn off with grinding and decrease the sensitivity. We'll see.
Writing of Bergeron's talking too much reminded me of being in the hospital when Nicholas was born. United Hospital has these white boards where the nurse, etc can write their name, you write the activity level and there is a spot that says..."This patient speaks...", where you are supposed to fill in the language spoken. Well not for this patient, my dear sister Mara filled in the blank with ..."too much".
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
AGGGGHHHHH!!!! Teeth grinding?!? You need to get poor Nicholas his own room RIGHT away!!! I can still hear the sound of you grinding your teeth at night! So loud, in fact, that my arm wants to reach over and punch you and my voice wants to cry out "MOM! She's GRINDING her TEETH, AGAIN!!!"
~Mara
that's funny, I never knew I was a tooth grinder at night...I wonder if I still do, I'll have to ask the hubby!
Post a Comment