Thursday, July 23, 2009

Doctor Visits

I took CJ and Nick for their 5 year and 18 month appointments yesterday. CJ's been anxious about his appointment since last year when he found out he had to get shots. It was quite the traumatic (ie dramatic) experience for him. From the finger poke to the exam to the shots it was a little much for him. At one point he hid under the exam table and didn't want to come out. After much kicking and screaming it was all over and then he proclaimed, "that wasn't too bad". I felt sorry for the kids in the waiting room, I'm sure they were more than excited for their appointment turn after hearing CJ!

CJs stats:
66 1/2 lbs!
47 inches
blood pressure, hemaglobin and cholesterol were all good

Nicks stats:
22 lbs 5 oz
32 1/2 inches

Today I took Nick for lab work at Childrens. We are getting the food allergy tests done. We can finally know for sure what he's allergic to. They tested him for dairy, wheat, eggs, peanuts, soy and corn. He's only technically reacted to eggs and peanuts, but it would be good to know if there is a food cause for his eczema. They also drew a celiac disease panel (the gluten allergy disease). Love my moms family dearly, but I hope this isn't a trait he inherited from the Pederson family. Nick was quite the trooper for his blood draw, much less than CJs drama yesterday. One poke, a few tears, a sucker and everything was all good in the world. Hopefully in about a week we'll know the results. I'm praying for negatives on all tests, but I'm sure there is something that he's reacting to.

Other than that, not much going on this week. CJ has vacation bible school (also was upset because he had to miss yesterday to get his shots) and has been enjoying that quite a bit.

1 comments:

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

I can't wait to go watch Farmington football games when CJ is the linebacker for the team! I'm totally in love with your little turned big boy with the big head and even bigger heart. It will be interesting to compare stats when Nick turns five. He'll probably be dainty like me. (Okay, that's a joke. You and I both know there was never anything dainty about me...)
Hopefully the tests come back negative and you get some answers for Nick's issues. I'm be thinking of you guys.