I didn't think I'd have to be concerned about kids valentine cards but what do you think of these? CJ wanted Nerd candy valentines for his class. There are two different sayings on them...
Love the NERD You're With!
Here's Lookin' at You, NERD!
Am I completely oversensitive? Maybe I was called a nerd to many times growing up, but I can't believe these! Does the word nerd have a different connotation now?
We'll be making a Target trip for different Valentines.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yeah, they are probably a bit inappropriate. I, however, talk about being a nerd all the time with my students. I explain how I was a nerd in school and how I still am. Mark even calls me his "little nerd" because I love to read and write. "Nerdy" things.
My take on it is that being a nerd is a good thing if it means you have a special interest in things that not everyone else likes. That being said, though, I too would be picking up new Valentine's Day cards.
Somewhere there is a former-nerd who writes Valentine's cards and has decided to take back the word. I'm not sure it works, however! It would be like me writing Valentines that say, "Love the fatass you're with"!!
Yeah, I'd be getting new cards, too!
~Mara
I love that after reading this post I look to the right and see a picture with you and the nerdiest glasses ever. Hahaha
"Love the fatass you're with"!!
Thank you for the laugh, Mara, that brought some serious tears this morning. You really should work for Hallmark!
I'm with Emily - I love the picture to the right as you're writing about nerds! Here's my take... I think of the candy (imagine!) I always wanted to have nerds as my treat to the class... it might be kind of cute to put those cards with the candy. I do agree; however, that it could be a bad thing to go around calling your classmates nerds. New cards are probably a good idea. :)
Post a Comment