Thursday, May 8, 2008

CJ's Birthday

For CJ's birthday on Tuesday I let him pick what he wanted to do. His selection...go to the "duck park" to feed the ducks and play on the playground and have a picnic. I was pretty impressed, I thought we'd be stuck at Chucky Cheese or something! Unfortunately it started to rain, so our picnic got moved to McDonalds where we spent AN HOUR in the play area, good times! Thank God for iced coffee and a book.



At what age do they stop giving you the "cheesy" smile when you tell them to smile for the camera...


Not too many ducks yet at the duck pond, just a bunch of annoying geese. But it's fun to try to pelt them with the bread pieces, dumb birds. I managed to get a piece on the middle of one's back, it was entertaining to watch him try to reach around to get it, didn't get the camera in time. Of course CJ has no clue I'm actually TRYING to hit the bird with the bread, he thinks I just have bad aim...well that isn't too far of a stretch either!


If there is a stick in a 2 mile radius, CJ is bound to find it. He fought with me to take it home, he said it could be his birthday present.


And Nicholas was so happy!

2 comments:

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

I happen to love the cheesy smile. CJ looks so happy with his big stick and knowing that his mom cares about him so much that he got to pick his birthday activities! :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CJ!!!
I still remember his first birthday when, typical of a 1 year old, he dug in with both fists and stuffed the cake into his mouth leaving an almost empty plate. What astounded me was not the bare plate but the lack of crumbs on the floor! The majority of that cake ended up in his stomach! Or did you find a lot down his shirt later?
Love to see the pictures!
Carin